Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Double Chocolate Cookie Heaven


Ha! I (Ashley) have been apart of this food blog for a while and haven't posted anything. What is my problem you might ask? Well, I love food so much I just didn't know where to start. So per Anna's suggestion I will start with these babies. I think it would very hard indeed to find a better chocolate cookie recipe or one with more butter (hehe). I got this treasure from my sisters mother in law (that is a mouthful). She was kind enough to share it with me along with a killer cheesecake brownie recipe, but that is for another post.

Double Chocolate Cookies
makes about 4 dozen
Preheat oven to 350

1 1/4c. softened butter
2c. sugar
2 eggs
2t. vanilla
2c. flour
3/4c. cocoa powder
1t. baking soda
1/2t. salt
chocolate chips (as many as your heart desires)

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add eggs and beat until combined. Add vanilla and the rest of the dry ingredients and beat until just combined. Then add chocolate chips.

I use a small cookie scoop and they come out just the right size. Otherwise make them about tablespoon size.
Bake for 8-9 min. on the middle rack. The cookies will be puffy when you take them out and will flatten out while cooling. Do not over bake.

2 comments: