Monday, March 5, 2012

Costco Green Olive Flatbread Sandwiches

I love Costco. They always have the freshest, nicest produce and it's reasonably priced. I also love the Kirkland brand because I can trust that it will taste good or work well. (And who doesn't love their bargain books, pot stickers, and flowers?)

No, I'm not a marketing rep for Costco. I just love them. One of the many things I love is their tasters. I hate to buy something (especially in the quantities available at Costco) without knowing if I'll like it or not. I discovered a great item the other day during a tasting. Costco bakery now makes a green olive flatbread and it's delicious! Matt and I have been quite imaginative with it and I thought I'd share one of our creations along with some ideas for other ways to use this delightful bread. (By the way- as I was eating this I realized that every single thing used on this sandwich was purchased at Costco.)

Ingredients-
Green Olive Flatbread
Costco Rotisserie Chicken
Goat Cheese
Baby Portabello Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
Fresh Spinach Fresh Tomatoes (thinly sliced)
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Directions-
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit).
Cut the flatbread to the desired sandwich size and then slice it open. Lay it on a baking sheet.
Drizzle olive oil onto both slices of bread.
Crumble goat cheese on both slices of bread.
On the slice that will be the bottom of the sandwich you will put the sliced mushrooms and pieces of the rotisserie chicken. (Quantities according to personal taste.)
On the slice that will be the top of the sandwich you will put the fresh spinach (put more than you think you'll want because it will shrink when cooking).
Put the baking sheet in the oven and let it bake until the mushrooms are cooked to your preference (10-15min.).
When mushrooms are cooked, remove baking sheet from the oven.
On the slice that will be the bottom of the sandwich you will put the fresh tomatoes (as many as you would like).
Salt and pepper to personal taste.
Put the top of the sandwich on the bottom and, voila!




Some other ideas for the green olive flatbread-

  • Balsamic vinegar tastes great with this bread, so adding that to virtually any recipe with this bread would be delicious. 
  • I made a caprese salad sandwich with it- lots of fresh basil, tomatoes, and mozzarella). 
  • Goat cheese goes well with the bread and would taste nice crumbled across the top (you could heat it if you like). 
  • It could make a great base for a gourmet pizza. 
  • Red, yellow, and orange peppers would taste excellent with it.
  • Excellent as a side to any pasta dish.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to Costco tomorrow and I will be trying out this bread! Those sandwiches look delicious!

    ReplyDelete