Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hearty Meatballs


My sister, Julie, gave me this yummy meatball recipe. It's easy to make and quite delicious. A bonus is that you can freeze them for a night when you just don't have time to cook.





Ingredients
1 (6 ounce) package stove top whole-wheat chicken flavor stuffing mix
1/2
cup hot water

1 eg
g 1/4 cup light ranch salad dressing
1
lb lean ground beef 1 cut cheddar cheese, shredded
1/3 C. ketchup (or other sauce of your choice)


Directions
  1. PREHEAT oven to 375ºF. Combine stuffing mix, water, egg and dressing and let sit until moistened (while grating cheese)
  2. Add meat and cheese; mix well.
  3. Shape into eight 2-inch meatballs.
  4. Place on greased baking sheet; spread with ketchup.
  5. Bake 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Note: I don't care for meatballs that large, so I made them quite a bit smaller and had 20 instead. It only took 15 minutes to bake. I think this would also make a great meatloaf, stuffing for peppers or mushrooms, or served with pasta and sauce.

I don't particularly care for ketchup and I also like spicy food, so I made half of the batch with ketchup and the other half with Johnny's Jamaica Me Sweet Hot & Crazy sauce. I highly recommend that sauce!


No comments:

Post a Comment