Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Most Delicious Cheeseball Ever!



Our family has been making this cheese ball recipe for as long as I can remember. The recipe calls for you to make it into balls, chill, and roll it in chopped nuts, but we love it so much that we end up just eating it as a dip because we can't wait for it to chill in the fridge! Although I love nuts, I think I like this recipe better without the nuts. (I have actually done the whole roll into balls, chill, and roll in chopped nuts thing.)



Delicious Cheese Ball
3 eight oz cream cheese
3 jars Old English cheese
1 jar Roka Blue cheese
1-2 Tbsp grated onion
1/2 tsp Worcestershire
1/4-1/2 Tbsp Accent
1/2 cup parsley

Instructions: Mix all together- let chill- then form into balls and roll in chopped pecans. It tastes delicious with celery, carrots, and assorted crackers. Some family favorites are Club, Chicken in a Biscuit, Wheat Thins, and Triscuit.


Note: Sometimes I just finely chop (or food process) a little onion or green onion instead of grating it. I know my sister will use dried onion in a pinch. I prefer using fresh parsley as well, but dried works just fine. I do think 1/2 cup is a bit much. The parsley is really just to help it look pretty anyway. Also, Accent is a spice and it really does affect the taste of the cheese ball. I had no idea what Accent was and had to call my mommy for recipe advice the first time I made the cheese ball.

Another Note: I tried freezing some. I only left it in the freezer for a few days, but it tasted delicious when it was thawed. Since the recipe is quite large that's definitely an added bonus!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I am definitely going to be making this! All your recipes are getting me excited about trying new foods!

    ReplyDelete